Posted on August 26, 2012 by Blane Bachelor
LOCATION: Blane Bachelor’s back deck.
VIOLATION: Packing waaaaaaayyyy too much crap for a weekend trip to Van Damme State Park, about three hours’ north of San Francisco. One of my travel mantras — pack light — goes right out the window with two words: car camping. When we have access to our wheels, my camping checklist expands like Kevin Federline’s elastic waistband. Air mattress? Check. Cooler full of enough beer to make a thirsty pack of frat boys jealous? Check. Infinite embarrassment when we had to pull over to adjust our gear mountain so Chris could see out the rear view mirror? Check. Indeed, it seems I am only efficient packing if there are constraints involved: a backpack I’ll have to shoulder; an overhead bin my suitcase will have to fit into. Without those, well, the photo above is testament to the hot mess that can happen.
- Blane Bachelor on Carnival Triumph: Epic Media Fail on the High Seas
- Gerard ~ GQtrippin on Carnival Triumph: Epic Media Fail on the High Seas
- Beth Yost on My Guiltiest, Ugliest Travel Confessions
- Beth Yost on Hot Mess Monday: A New Year’s Eve Cabin Rental … With a Full Septic Tank
- jeff on Hot Mess Monday: A New Year’s Eve Cabin Rental … With a Full Septic Tank